Banner Image

Clothing & Heraldry PSID

Frequently Asked Questions

      • Please use the Case Status Inquiry Search on the Home Page to find the status of a Medal's request.
      • There is a cost for a display set of medals for military organizations. To obtain permission for a display set, you must provide a written justification and send it to:

        ATTN: AHRC-PDP-A
        FORT KNOX, KY 40122-5408

      • The National Personnel Records Center is responsible for the issuance of certificates. You can contact them either by phone at 314-801-0800 or email and ask for the status of your certificates.

        Please note that certificates are NOT automatically issued with medals. You must specifically request certificates in addition to medals. They are NOT issued from the Philadelphia office and will NOT be included in the package with the medals.

      • To see an explanation of medals, pictures and award criteria, please go to Home Page to U.S. ARMY BADGES, AWARDS, MEDALS, RIBBON ACCOUTERMENTS AND ATTACHMENTS PICTURES AND DESCRIPTIONS.
      • Unless the Silver Star is listed as #5 SILVER STAR MEDAL and the Bronze Star is listed as #10 BRONZE STAR MEDAL, it is not the Silver Star or Bronze Star MEDAL but the Silver Service Star or Bronze Service Star which denotes the number of campaigns the veteran participated in to earn the medal that the service star is attached to. These Silver Star and Bronze Stars are small ATTACHMENTS that can be found on the service ribbon and drapes of the other medals.
      • Please check the packaging slip against the items that you received. If any are missing from the Packaging Slip, call 1-877-827-9026, Option #4 to notify our customer service team.
      • We do not issue the medal – we only issue the ribbon with the 1960 device. You may purchase the full size medal from a commercial vendor.
      • For veterans who were discharged or retired prior to 1 October 2002, Medals may be requested by sending a written request along with a copy of the DD 214 or other discharge papers to:

        National Personnel Records Center (NPRC)
        1 Archives Drive
        St. Louis, MO 63138-1002

        The request can also be submitted electronically through the NPRC website -

        For veterans who were separated, discharged or retired after 1 October 2002, Medals may be requested by sending a written request along with a copy of the DD 214 or other discharge papers to:

        Army Human Resources Command (AHRC)
        Awards & Decorations Branch (AHRC-PDP-A)
        1600 Spearhead Division Ave.
        Fort Knox, KY 40122-5408
        You can contact the Army Human Resources Command at:

        phone: 1-888-ARMYHRC (1-888-276-9472)

        email: usarmy.knox.hrc.mbx.tagd-ask-hrc@mail.mill

        The AHRC web site is:

        NPRC/AHRC are responsible for determining eligibility of the medals and an electronic file is sent to the Clothing and Heraldry PSID for shipment of the medals.
back to top